Most company owners may be wondering, why do I need to give my employees gifts, don’t I pay them for their services? This may be the thoughts of most company owners. Employees make about 90% of the total workforce of any company and so they are a very important part of a company. Without employees in a company that company will not achieve its potentials because the workforce is very limited. The services and input of your employees towards the growth of your company shouldn’t be overlooked simply because you pay them as the company owner or the boss.
Employees are very vital towards the growth of a company. They work day-to-day to make sure the company advances and increase in revenue either directly or indirectly. It is of corporate gifts singapore necessity to always appreciate your employees at any given point in time. This is why as a company owner, it is important to give your employees Corporate gifts from time to time and also during special occasions.
Why it is Important
- It is a form of Appreciation – As a company owner or a boss, there is a need for you to always appreciate your employees for their services towards the advancement of your company. Even in the circular world, everybody likes been appreciated for their efforts and when they’re appreciated they put in more efforts. This also applies to the corporate world, when employees are appreciated for their effort, they will be happy that their efforts are been recognized and also put in more efforts or even double their efforts.
- It builds a strong Relationship between Company and Employees – Building a strong relationship with your employees is very important if you want your company to grow and achieve its potentials. Employees consist of different people from different background and so they all don’t have the same mentality of working for another person with an open mind, and so to create a bond of trust in them, it is important to give them gifts mostly when they’re celebrating important events like birthdays, marriage anniversary, or festive periods. Doing this will create a bond of friendship and trust which will invariably make them work for the company with an open mind.
- Motivation – If as a company you are seeking for a way to motivate your employee to work harder, corporate gifting is an easy way of doing that. Most successful companies have discovered that giving their employees gifts is an easy way to motivate them and so they do it at every giving opportunity. Studies have shown the company that gives their employees corporate gifts are always more successful than companies that do not give.
- It is a form of Encouragement – Most people work for a company not because they’re happy working but because they need the money to pay the bills. Giving your employees gifts as little as it is can create a big sense of encouragement to them. They will feel happy that the company recognizes them and they will be encouraged. Studies have shown that most employees that stay for many years working for a particular company don’t do so because of the salary they’re paid, but because of the recognition they are given by the company.
- It is an effective way of Marketing – Corporate gifting is an effective way of marketing or publicizing a company’s name, brand or products. Most companies have a lot of employees coming from different locations across the country, so it is a cheap way for them to market the company to their family members or friends. This also reduces the workload for the marketing department of a company because the marketing job is now a collective effort done by all the employees.
Types of Corporate Gifts
There are many different types of gifts suitable for corporate gifting. Corporate gifts are generally not expensive gifts but because some companies have a lot of employees they buy in large quantities. Corporate gifting is not about the expensive nature of the gift but it is the intention of the gift.